Just after 9 pm on Saturday, October 21 Lakewood Fire responded to a fire at Stoney Creek Apartments (5406 82nd St SW). Two units fully involved.
The first engine on the scene found huge flames rolling from both 3rd floor units. One occupant jumped from a window receiving minor burns and injuries, he was transported by ambulance to an area hospital.
Fire fighters made a good stop, knocking the fire down quickly, keeping it from spreading to other apartments. Heavy fire made access up the stairs very tough for the first in crews. Fire fighters coming out of the building had equipment blackened and melting.
One fire fighter stated “it was incredibly hot up there!”
The fire may have been started by a candle. No fire fighter injuries were reported.
Photos by Rick Snodgrass