MG John Hemphill, (USA-ret) will speak about the Town of Steilacoom’s long relationship with the military during a presentation on July 16. The Sunday afternoon lecture, presented at 2 p.m. at Quarters 2 at Historic Ft. Steilacoom, will cover the U.S. military presence in the area between 1849-1868 and its re-establishment at the end of the 19th century at Ft. Lewis and its continuation through the present century.
Historic Ft. Steilacoom is located at 9601 Steilacoom Boulevard on the Grounds of Western State Hospital. Donations for the fort’s lecture series are appreciated.
— Submitted by Nancy Covert