Tag: Clover Park School District
Kim Prentice from the Rotary Club of Lakewood presented the Educator of the Month Award for the Clover Park School District to Pam Martin at the club’s regular Friday meeting on March 8. In notes provided by her principal, Diana Dix of Evergreen Elementary School on Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Pam was called a “teacher leader”.
By Kim Prentice, Director of Community Relations
As a result of historically low interest rates, careful monitoring of bond market conditions and good financial management, taxpayers in Clover Park School District will pay less for school construction bonds approved in 2006.
In February 2006, voters approved a $65 million school construction bond proposal to build a new Lakeview Hope Academy and Lakes High School. Both school construction projects are finished and students and staff are thriving in their new schools.
LAKEWOOD, Wash. – Help Communities In Schools celebrate their 20th anniversary by taking part in the Champions for Youth Breakfast on Thursday, March 28, 7:00 a.m. at the Old Country Buffet in Lakewood Towne Center. Our featured keynote speaker, David Pritchard, assistant Clover Park football coach, motivational speaker and author of the book, “Going Public: Your Child Can Thrive in Public School”, has deep roots in Lakewood. David and his wife, Kelli, have indeed helped their 11 children and hundreds of other kids in Lakewood to “succeed in school and achieve in life”.
Fifteen Clover Park School District students earned awards at the South Sound Regional Science Fair March 21. These students qualified for the regional fair after first competing in school fairs and at the district wide Science Expo in February.
As regional winners, students received certificates, pins and ribbons. Some of the winners advanced to other science competitions.
South Sound Regional Science Fair Winners
* Joshua Riley, “Browning Bananas,” Park Lodge, honorable mention
* Anna McDonald, “Grow Crystal Grow,” Park Lodge, second place
* Dorien Simon, “Is the Grass Greener,” Park Lodge, honorable mention
* Hannah Sheil, “Flammable Trees,” Park Lodge, second place
* Devin Kostelecky, “The Yeast Beast,” Park Lodge, third place
* Tyler Pratt, “What Grain is Best for a Horse?” Park Lodge, third place
* Jordan Deagan, “Natural Plastic,” Park Lodge, second place
* Brittany Higgs, “Your Skin,” Park Lodge, second place
* Lauren Harvey, “Coloring Carnations,” Clarkmoor, third place
* Jeffrey Reda, “Sight vs. Taste,” Park Lodge, third place
* Lila Ridge, “Melt Down,” Park Lodge, honorable mention
* Jacob Harrison, “Dog vs. Sister,” Clarkmoor, second place
* Felicia Agrelius, “Men and Hydrants,” Hudtloff, second place
* Sydnii Hodge, “M&M’s and Their Melting Point,” Mann, honorable mention
High School Environmental Sciences
* Zack Sheats, “Biofiltered Water at Clover Creek in the Chamber Clover Creek Watershed,” Clover Park, second place