The Pierce County Auditor’s Office is opening a special appointment period to recruit individuals to write committee statements for the Aug. 1, 2017, Primary Election Local Voters’ Pamphlet in the following districts:
Committee members needed
- Against City of DuPont Prop. 1 – Levy Lid Lift – EMS Levy
- Against Town of Wilkeson Prop. 1 – Permanent EMS Levy
- Against East Pierce Fire and Rescue Prop. 1 – Levy Lid Lift
- Against East Pierce Fire and Rescue Prop. 2 – Levy Lid Lift – EMS Levy
- Against FPD 18 (Orting Valley Fire and Rescue) Prop. 1 – Maintenance and Operations Levy
· For and Against FPD 27 (Anderson Island Fire Rescue) Prop. 1 – General Obligation Bonds
· Against Anderson Island Park and Recreation District Prop. 1 – Maintenance and Operations Levy
These districts did not appoint “For” and/or “Against” committee members to prepare statements for the local voters’ pamphlet. As a result, RCW 29A.32.280 directs the Auditor’s Office to seek out and appoint up to three members to form each committee. District resolutions and explanatory statements can be found on our Aug. 1, 2017 Primary Election webpage.
- Be a resident and registered voter of Pierce County for at least one year immediately prior to the appointment; and
- Pledge to work cooperatively with other members of the committee; and
- Have ready access to email.
- Read, understand and fulfill the obligations described in the Elections Guide for Jurisdictions – 2017, which includes:
- Committee appointments and participation; and
- Word limits, format requirements, and deadlines for statements and rebuttals.
- Have your name appear in the local voters’ pamphlet and waive anonymity.
At least one committee member must be willing to submit phone number, email, or website address for publication in the local voters’ pamphlet. Those interested who agree to the above responsibilities can email their name and phone number to pcvoterpamphlet. Appointments will be made in the order that the requests are received.
The deadline to request a committee appointment is May 16, 2017 at noon. The deadline to submit a committee statement is May 16, 2017 at 4:30 p.m.
NOTE: Individuals requesting appointment on May 16 must be prepared to submit the statement by email on the same day. The Auditor’s Office is unable to extend the deadline.