PUYALLUP – The Washington Chapter of the National Wrestling Hall of Fame has announced their inductees for the 2017 Hall of Fame banquet and induction ceremony, Sunday, March 19, 2017 at the Red Lion Hotel in Olympia.
The 2017 honorees are:
- State Legislator Richard “Dick” Muri-“Outstanding American”-Steilacoom HS
- Jace Malek (Deceased)-“Medal of Courage”-West Valley HS-Spokane
- James Ball-Curtis HS, Rick Bowers-Warden HS
- Kip Herren-Auburn HS
- Paul Jackson-Mercer Island HS
- Tom Sewell-Inglemoor HS
- Gaylord Strand-Yelm HS
- Rich Tschirgi-Inland Empire Wrestling Officials Association
- Donald “Spud” Walley (Deceased)-Sedro Woolley HS
- Dick Wooding-Highline College and Sumner HS for “Lifetime Service”
These individuals have given a combined 311 years of service to the sport of wrestling instilling young people with the skills needed to succeed in all areas of life. They will be permanently recognized at the National Wrestling Hall of Fame and Museum in Stillwater, Oklahoma.
The Hall of Fame induction begins at 2:00 PM with a no host reception, followed by the banquet then the induction ceremonies. Tickets for the event, open to the public, can be purchased and additional information on the event access the National Wrestling Hall of Fame website: nwhof.org/Washington/