By Alice Dionne
Master Gardeners of Pierce County will be offering an All Day Gardening Workshop, “From the Ground Up,” on Saturday, Aug. 1, at Franklin Pierce High School and Farm. Our lunch speaker will be Sue Goetz, owner of Creative Gardener (topic: fall landscaping).
Top speakers and topics include:
- Lisa Taylor (hot crops, edible perennials, & tool care)
- Dr. Michael Bush (bugs & more bugs)
- Dr. Rita Kimmel (soil health & transplanting)
- Chuck Natsuhara (soil maps & surveys)
- John Valentine (hydroponics & aquaponics)
- Dana Kelley Bressette (propagating native plants)
- Bill Brookreson (gardening with native plants)
Cost $40/person includes buffet lunch.
Register on-line at www.fromthegroundandup.brownpapertickets.com/
For more info contact MG Office Clinic 253-798-7170. Registration for this workshop is open to the public – sign up now to save your space!
Are you interested in becoming a Master Gardener? Contact us for more information.