The Lakewood United group meets at 7 AM every Thursday at Burs Restaurant, which is located at 6151 Steilacoom Boulevard SW in Lakewood. The events for the next four weeks are as follows:
- (7 – 8 AM) February 21, 2013 – “Planning for a Lakewood Arts Festival in 2014″ – Ernest Heller, Lakewood United Board Member and John Munn, Managing Artistic Director for Lakewood Playhouse (Ernie Heller – MC)
- (8.30 – 9.30 AM) February 21, 2013 – Consequences of Possible Sequestration for Lakewood – Denny Heck, US Congressman, 10th District (requested today by Congressman Heck)
- February 28, 2013 – Inventor of Tee Ball – Dick Hassan (John Huber – MC)
- March 7, 2013 – “Reflecting Back On Eight Years as Lakewood City Manager” - Andrew E. Neiditz, South Sound 911, Executive Director (Herb Stumpf – MC)
- March 14, 2013 – “The State of West Pierce Fire & Rescue” – Ken Sharp, Chief, West Pierce Fire & Rescue (Steve Smith – MC)
The dues for our fiscal year, which started on July 1, 2012, are $20 per year. This equates to less than 40 cents every Thursday, thanks to our volunteer board. Incidentally, our guest speakers only charge us the cost of a breakfast. You can pay your dues by mail to: Lakewood United, P.O. Box 99785, Lakewood, WA 98496 or directly to our Treasurer, John Huber, if he is present at the weekly Thursday morning events.
Burs Restaurant does not charge us a room fee. Hence, please ensure that you at least order a beverage if you attend the meeting and remember to leave a gratuity.
If you wish to make suggestions for future topics or speakers, please contact any of our board members Jim Beaudoin, Don Daniels, Ernest Heller, John Huber, Kris Kauffman, Evelyn Kelly, Karen Lebeter, Pamela Maddess, Steve Smith, Herb Stumpf or Robin Rego.
For those of you who are only receiving this notice as a handout at the weekly meetings and would like to get it by email, please contact me at email@example.com. Alternatively, or if you are a visitor, you can note your name and email address on the Sign Up sheet at the Thursday morning events.
Our website: http://www.thesubtimes.com/